Friday, October 30, 2009

Encouragement from others who went before us

The other's who have been through this and blogged about it are amazing and I have learned so much from them. Here's what I found at: Wonderfully Made

The Inward Warfare - by John Newtown- Galatians 5:17
Strange and mysterious is my life, What opposites I feel within! A stable peace, a constant strife; The rule of grace, the power of sin: Too often I am captive led, Yet daily triumph in my Head.I prize the privilege of prayer, But oh! what backwardness to pray! Though on the Lord I cast my care, I feel its burden every day; I seek His will in all I do, Yet find my own is working too.I call the promises my own, And prize them more than mines of gold. Yet though their sweetness I have known, They leave me unimpressed and cold: One hour upon the truth I feed, The next I knew not what I read.I love the holy day of rest, When Jesus meets His gathered saints: Sweet day, of all the week the best! For its return my spirit pants; Yet often, through my unbelief It proves a day of guilt and grief.While on my Saviour I rely, I know my foes shall lose their aim, And therefore dare their power defy, Assured of conquest through His name; But soon my confidence is slain, And all my fears return again.Thus different powers within me strive, And grace and sin by turns prevail; I grieve, rejoice, decline, revive, And victory hangs in doubtful scale: But Jesus has His promise past, That grace shall overcome at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment