Friday, November 6, 2009

Don't Let Fear Rob Your Joy

Montra for today: "I will not let fear rob me of my joy."
from Letter to Lilly

Verse for today: Isaiah 43:1

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, and He who formed you, 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine."

(this is Maddox's verse, a baby who had T18 and died at birth: The Stanfield Journey)

I'm still alive on this earth and Gracie is alive in fact God planned on her before the earth was even formed (thanks for pointing this out Lois:), and Gavin is here alive with me and Laiman and we have a lot to be grateful for. Especially grateful that Jesus suffered and died for us all so that we all can be with him in heaven someday. I've been a Christian from a very young age but His suffering and death for us has a new meaning today. It means Gracie's life on earth just like mine is only temporary, there's more to come in heaven

As I'm typing this Gavin is celebrating "Happy Birthday M&M's" and pretending to give me M&M's for my pretend birthday. I think he has the right idea.

I don't want to fear death, life on earth is only temporary. Why let its ending rob my joy.
I want Gracie's life to be all that it's meant to be and dwelling on my fear doesn't allow it to be all that it's meant to be. I will focus on celebrating her life rather than worrying about when her life on earth will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment